Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday morning rain is falling

Soooo...

I feel really zoned out.

I just watched 3 hours of Amish related TV on the national geographic channel. (Amish weddings, Amish who leave the Order, and Rumspringa... Mormons need a Rumspringa!)

I should be getting my own place soon, and the lack of cable is going to be amazing. I CANNOT have it. I have no ability to moderate myself.

So, my new job is insane.

It's kinda like my last job, but instead of the semi rural South and a three person team, I am in the extremely rural North, in a two person team.

Still working with kids and families with a mental health diagnosis.

My work partner is the man I've been waiting all my life for.

He's a Harry Potter fan, knows the cinnamon babka episode of Seinfeld, and appreciates the works of both Bronte and Dickinson. Puccini and Vivaldi are his favorite composers.

He's super funny, smart, and humble.

You know how they say "all the good ones are gay or married?"

He's both.

*sigh*

That's ok, though.

I wouldn't want to steal him away from his adorable Irish husband, because then I would have to start calling this blog "The my husband is hotter/better dressed/gayer/more Catholic than yours Chronicles".

And that's kind of a mouthful.

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Have you watched World's Squarest Teenagers? It was on British television, but you can find it on Youtube. So very good. It's about Amish teenagers going to England to live with different families. Highly encourage you watch it.

    ReplyDelete