Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This ain't a fairy tale

You guys, my job officially starts tomorrow.

After pages and pages of paperwork, criminal background checks,and tedious orientations, I finally start tomorrow morning.

I went with the job in the dream location, by the way.

At least, it will be a dream location once I move there.

Right now I live about 60 miles away. So, its going to be a festive commute. ("festive" is code for "hellish")

Anyway, since this is my last day of freedom, I felt like I should use it wisely.

Which is why I've just spent the last 4 hours watching "Beyond Scared Straight" online.

I love it. I just love it.

Jack Monroe; who has just been demoted from favorite brother in law to least favorite brother in law, told me that I liked this show because I was "vengeful to the point of being borderline mentally ill".

Oh Jackie...I will be adding sour cream to your next meal. Watch your back!

Anyway, so that's what going on in my life.

Yes, girls...take a look at what you gave up for marriage and motherhood.

Tuesday mornings, wrapped up in a blanket, watching marathon sessions of"Beyond Scared Straight".

Now I am going to go and chase my dad's cats.

And; if I can work it into my schedule, I might lay on the floor and eat some jello.

Boo-yah!

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Lor I've got some jello in the fridge for you. It's even setting up in a nice little dessert cup. I even resisted the urge to add some fruit to it.
    I have a 60+ mile commute and actually find it rather peaceful; off course, I've treated Lupin far better than you've treated Weasley.
    Oh, and 1 last question... how did you pass the criminal background check?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diablo! I have treated Weasley like a king! In fact, it might be fair to say that WEASLEY IS OUR KING!! Thanks for your words of encouragement though:) AND THANKS for the jello!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where will you be living (so that I can g̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ plan my trip to visit you)?

    ReplyDelete