Sunday, December 23, 2012

And the moon is the only light that we'll see


I love Christmas.

It always reminds me of what is important and how lucky I am.

 And its sparkly

The only thing marring the perfection of this holiday is not having those Monrobies here. 

I guess it's only fair that they spend the holiday with the Monroe side of the family. 

The kids barely know them.

 I don't think they've ever met or talked to some of Jack's siblings and their spouses and they only see their Monroe grandparents like once a year. 

So even though its only fair that they are there, I still miss them. 

Jack Jack's scientific mind. 

James's insane and hilarious sense of humor.
 ( a non literal Monroe child.. It's a festivus miracle!) 


Elly's crazy, power mad megalomania. 

And most of all, I miss Katy's sweetness. 

If she were here she would be wrapping gifts for the cats and spending time with Uncle Dave.


Katy is the perfect niece for him.

She never forgets him like the rest of us do at times. 

And, in a Spinster Chronicles first, I will admit to missing my sister Danielle. 

She does all the work of Christmas and lets the rest of us have the glory.

 If she were here we would be putting the kids to bed after a wild night of cookie baking....

with me singing with the kids and eating sprinkles while she mixes the cookie dough, bakes the cookies, helps the kids frost, and cleans everything up:)


 And then we would be having a 3 hour conversation about politics and religion and life.


It burns me to admit that, even though I love to talk about having my Masters Degree,

 Danielle is much smarter than me. 

So, even though December 25th may come and go, it won't really be Christmas until they get home.
 (except for the whole opening presents thing... That waits for no man! ) 

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. tell us how you go about naming your blog posts....

    ReplyDelete

  2. It probably drives people nuts because they make no sense:) but they are 95% of the time song lyrics and they apply to whatever I'm blogging about about. Like this post- it's lyrics from " stand by me". I wrote this post for my sister, who is not having the best time right now. This is a song from our childhood and I hope it reminds her that I watching out for her:)

    The title yesterday was lyrics from super bass, which I mentioned in the post. ( I just left off the " who the eff I is" part.) The title from the one before was actually a quote from the festivus episode of Seinfeld. Etc, etc

    Ahhh! I need to stop rambling on :) thanks for asking!!!

    ReplyDelete