Friday, December 14, 2012

I won't even wish for snow

You guys

It's time for a random thoughts update!

Once again, not on a Thursday.

 Damn.

Anyway..

#1
I am going Christmas shopping this weekend!

 You know what that means.

 Overpriced Walmart bubble bath/lotion gift baskets will be under your tree soon!!
 (along with other stuff you didn't ask for and don't want)


# 2
Everyone is talking about wearing pants to church.

 And by "everyone", I mean just the cool kids.

Thanks, Allison for the thought provoking post.

 My mind has been on Christmas meltdown lately.

 The topic of 'to wear or not to wear' was a nice mental slap in the face!

 My brain was like "Wake up, Lori! Put down the glitter!"


# 3
I think it's really going to happen, people.

 I am officially looking for a therapist!

 I can't wait to make this persons life a nightmare.. much more thrilling place.

 I swear, I am going into that office, kicking off my shoes, sitting in what is obviously their chair, and saying
"I guess we have to start at the beginning..it snowed the October weekend I was born..".


# 4
Today, I cut off part of my skirt while in my office.

 Is it wrong that I feel kind of bad ass?
 (for the record, it was some kind of weird, overlapping fabric at the waistband.
 As if I need added bulk around the waist..)

This is my new skirt. :)
# 5
It's the branch Christmas party tonight.

Rumor has it that the Relief Society will be singing a lesser known, badly arranged, somewhat depressing Christmas ballad.

 Well, it's not so much rumor as much as historical evidence that leads me to this conclusion.

*sigh*

 I hope there are store bought sugar cookies.

And a weird nativity done by the primary.


# 6
So far I have avoided hearing the "shoes for Jesus" song.

 I think you know the one I'm talking about.

 Cross your fingers I can go the whole Christmas season without hearing it.

 It makes me feel crazy!

 (and just for the record, if I am dying, don't go and spend your small saving on shoes for me to wear in my coffin, OK? Just to clarify my position)


Wow.

 This has been a healing blog update for all of us.

 I like it.

 I am leaving feeling more refreshed and excited about life!

Lori Ann

4 comments:

  1. It's always a good day when you make Lori's "cool kids" list. I'll message you my address so you'll know where to send my Walmart bubble bath/lotion gift basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. CJane has a really good post up about Pants:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, there was supposed to be a link there. Let's see if I can make this work (if I can't figure out how to make it a link, you'll have to copy and paste. Sorry to make you do extra work. Am I still a cool kid?) CJane's pants post

      Delete