Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Something might be found to take it's place

You guys...

I haven't really taken this blog to where it needs to be.

I've got mired down in birthday tributes, un-photo shopped pictures of the kids, and weird posts about my cat.

It's been self indulgent.

This blog is supposed to be the place where you- the reader-comes to feel inadequate and question your major life decisions.

You should look at what I am wearing and think...


 " Why don't I have a pair of lime green skinny jeans?"


You should read about my adventures and think

 "If I hadn't gotten married, maybe I would be sky diving in Indonesia right now".


You should say the name "Spinster Chronicles" and feel both a jolt of envy and a small prickle of fear.

That's what I have always wanted for this blog and my readers.

 For my blog to be a place you come, writhing with intense insecurity, to emotionally berate yourself and your second class lifestyle.

Therefore, I am now committing, in front of all of you dear readers, to live a life worthy of this blog.

I pledge to do all of the following:

To dance (in the rain) in "how can she wear garments with that dress" dresses.


To wear name brand stilettos all of the time.

 Especially when I am at the farmers and/or flea market.


To take heavily photo shopped pictures of me and the kids
(or better behaved stand ins for the kids)

 walking through the woods while it's snowing.

We'll be wearing matching mittens, have rosy cheeks, and will be collecting berries for homemade pie.


To update you on my "little projects"- like gold leafing the frame of an original Picasso I found at the thrift store.

Or single handed painting the exterior of an orphanage.

 If they still exist.


To share my unorthodox political views in a "because I care, let's all band together" sort of fashion.

For example: "Everyone join me in supporting polygamy because how many women do we know who aren't emotionally supported in their marriage?

 And how many men do we know who cheat?

 Why are we OK watching these people suffer?

 And their children?

 For some outdated, culturally repressed, exclusive, and ignorant ideal of monogamy?

 Let's take our religious and social blinders off and open our eyes to the needs of those around us.

Wear your lime green skinny jeans on Arbor day if you agree.


Anyway, as you can tell, a lot of changes are coming to the Spinster Chronicles.


Starting with a more dedicated use of slang that is neither age appropriate nor used in a meaningful context.

It just got real in here, yo.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment