Friday, December 21, 2012

Somebody please tell him

Random Thoughts

The I'm almost done work
(if you count avoiding paperwork and blogging as work that is)
 Edition!

I only have 90 79 minutes until my Christmas break begins...yes, all 4 days of it!

I am so excited.

  I need a break from this place.

Working in mental health will make you crazy.

Speaking of which, I have been trying to find a therapist and it's already been an eye opening experience!

First, apparently it's hard to get a scheduled appointment if you have a job.

There aren't a lot of therapists with late hours.

Second, my heart was pounding when I called the one office because I kept thinking

 "Whoever I talk to is going to think I am crazy."



This was not the number I called. But I found the picture to be mildly amusing

It was really uncomfortable for me to talk to someone about getting therapy.

I didn't want anyone to think that there was something wrong with me.

So yeah...my empathy level for my clients is totally up right now

. It must have been hard on a lot of them to make that first appointment.

Then to sit in an office with me; someone who is clearly close to perfect, it's just got to be demoralizing... :)

I was just overwhelmed with the urge to listen to "Superbass"

. It's the only Nicki Minaj in my itunes.


I am going to miss the kiddos this Christmas.

 They are going to be in good old NC.

I hope they have some Cook Out for me.

 Especially their cheese fries.

I am giving a talk in church next week.

 The first I have given in several years
(due to my quasi active, leave after Sacrament lifestyle)

 The topic is

 "A change of heart"

 Well played, branch president.

 Well played.



There has been a lot of chatter about Mitt coming to hear my talk. It's probably going to happen. Calm down, people! 
When I get home, I am putting on my pj's, having some chili, and , zoning out with my Sugar cookie for the rest of the night, watching completely mindless TV and youtube clips.

Nothing says "I'm celebrating the birth of the King of Kings" like watching weird cat videos on Youtube.

Feliz Navidad a todo mi gente!


Lori Ann

p.s.- I have now written (counting this one) 601 blog posts.

That is going to be a lot of info for either my biographer and/or the police to sift through one day! 

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny that I'm starting to revere you with a reverence reserved only for Ellen. I want to lay with my head in your lap while you brush my hair and say funny things. And if that freaks you out, damnit, I don't care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes! I know how much you love Ellen. I've been working towards this for 600 blog posts! I've officially erased " literally crazy, emotionally passive aggressive mission Lori" and replaced her with " hip, sexy, master crafter, super emo, lifestyle guru blogger Lori." You are far from the first to fall under my blogging spell, and you will be, by no means, the last. However, as you were emotionally tormented by me in no less than two suburban Chicago locations, your elevating me to Ellen status means the most to me :)

      Delete