Monday, February 4, 2013

Some have gone and some remain

*Press play and move to 20 second mark as you read. It's the song playing in my mind as I write!*
(If you want to)

Top 5 Reasons I am SO GLAD that I went to NYC last week

5. I am glad because it reminded me that there is more to life than the same old 9-5 and that adventure is not just for the wealthy or privileged.

 Anyone can have adventure if they really want it.



4. I am glad because it reminded me that; as much as I push my clients, its hard for me to get out of my comfort zone.

 I hated not knowing where I was or how to get around.

I hated not having control over every aspect of my day.

 I really hated that I had become so rigid without knowing it.


3.  I am glad because it reminded me of why I love being an aunt.

 This is the age I have been waiting for.

 Through the baby years and the crazy toddler years and all the other stages.

 Now; they are at the age of exploration and there is something magical about showing them things and places they've never seen before.

 If I could, I would show them the whole world.

My aunt's ring!
 (with their first name initials)
2. I am glad because it reminded me of why I love living on the East Coast.

 I think you all know that I love where I come from.

NYC is 90 minutes away,

 DC is 2 1/2 hours,

 and Philadelphia is one 45 minute drive from my front door.

 I love it here.

I love it, love it, love it.


1. I am glad because it reminded me that I don't want to get to the end of my life and discover that I have not lived.

I haven't gotten out of my comfort zone enough in last 10 years.

 I haven't been adventurous and I regret that.

 But I don't want to live with that kind of regret anymore.


So, I plan to go back to NYC.

Maybe sometime later this month or next.

 As soon as my burning feet and legs recover from this trip.

 As God as my witness, I will never go to NYC this out of shape again!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment