Saturday, February 2, 2013

There are places I remember

Danielle and the kids looking at the distant Statue of Liberty
I don't think there is any experience in life that can prepare you for ten hours in New York City with four children.

War, maybe.

There is so much I want to say. So many stories to tell. 

The hot chocolate debacle.

 Jerome and the dodge ball discussion.

 Ellie's proclivity for pole dancing.

 Katy's shocking Staten Island Ferry announcement. 

Picnicking like true New Yorkers. 

Finding Alexander Hamilton by accident.

The Time Square Elmo shakedown.

Three words: Cosmic Microwave Background. 

James's first big step toward his future as a pirate. 

And so many more.

 I pledge to tell each and every story, not just for my beloved readers, but for the kids. So they'll always remember the craziness that was their first trip to NYC. 

The subway--- Monroe style. 


Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. love this! can't wait to hear your stories. They are so lucky to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to hear "Katy's shocking Staten Island Ferry announcement" asap!
    That trip sounds hysterical!

    ReplyDelete