Sunday, May 19, 2013

I don't want to be a pretty girl

Sooo....

I lost 3 more lbs. That's 103 for all of you keeping count. And since I avoided the camera like a plague when I was at my all time high (in 2009-2010 ish) the only before picture that I have is of my license. Brace yourselves. 


Yikes. 

This is my current after picture- I still have a long way to go. 


So..that's my progress so far. (this was for you, Tyler!)

On a related note, I went walking at the park today. 2.2 miles. I always tell my clients to do something that is rejuvenating for them. For me, walking in PA is the ultimate in rejuvenation. I don't know why but no place compares to here. I love the trees. They are just the right shade of green. I love the rainy spring days and the chilly fall nights and absolutely everything in between. (ok..except for the humidity in summer... I wish I could live in Colorado every summer)

Anyway, just walking, listening to my crazy mix of music and being outside makes me feel like I can do anything. Here are my favorite parts of the trail that I walk. 




And lastly, on a completely unrelated note, I am trying to find quotes to hang up in my office. Another thing that is rejuvenating for me is surrounding myself with quotes and song lyrics. Does anyone have a favorite? Something that you would like to see on the wall of your therapists office?

Thanks for listening to me ramble!!

Lori Ann



3 comments:

  1. First off, you look BEE YOU TEE FUL! Good work, amazing work!

    Second, I'm a quote collector - I write them on sticky notes and tape them to the sides of my book shelves. Here's a few:

    "Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn, then, always be a unicorn."

    "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The Time will pass anyway."

    "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."

    "Nothing is impossible. Even the word itself says 'I'm possible."

    "You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel."

    "A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."

    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

    "I am a hero in waiting."

    "I wish I were a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, for how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum."

    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't."

    There! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of these! You are seriously the best:)

      Delete
  2. You look amazing!!! I hope you feel so proud of yourself! I love the quotes above. Especially the one about the tiger not losing sleep over the opinion of sheep, because you , sista, are a tiger!!

    ReplyDelete