Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Que el cielo y tu madre cuidan de ti



You guys...if you look at the history of my blog, every May you will see about a weeks worth of posts dedicated to my mother. It is; after all, "Mother's Week". (my mother never has a 'day'- its always a 'week'- birth week, mothers week, etc, etc)

And my mother deserves a million posts, trust me. But this year I am taking the Chronicles in a slightly new direction.

This week I am going to write a few posts celebrating myself. And everything that I love about not being a mom.

I think most people probably have the idea that spinsterhood and not being a mom are trials that us single girls are called to bear. And while there is a hint of truth to that...*it would be so nice to have someone to rant "My mother told me not to marry you" at, a crazy daughter to dress up, and all the, sweet, sweet Mormon societal acceptance that comes with it*... it is sometimes just a crazy awesome blessing to be free.

Not being a mom means:

That I can sleep in EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND

That I can 'play mom' (aka being an Aunt) and just laugh merrily through all of the fun and then go home and eat chocolate and watch scary movies all night on my netflix app because...once again...I don't have to wake up early or deal with the fallout of the sugar high I created.

I can get in and out of my car in 30 seconds flat.

I get to have the following conversation with myself every day "What do you feel like doing tonight, Lori?..Nothing? That sounds great"

I do laundry about every two weeks

I still have a fairly firm grip on my sanity.

Lori Ann

p.s.- It should be obvious but let me add a disclaimer anyway. This post isn't meant to be offensive. It's meant to entertain me as I begin to increasingly dread the wilted pity carnation I am sure to be handed by the young men at church this week.

1 comment: