Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Her hands are all twisted

I don't know why but this is my favorite picture of my mother ever.


Today's topic: Friendship

My sister's can testify that I am either a horrible friend or an obsessive friend.

I either speak to you only when facebook reminds me it's your birthday
 (and sometimes not even then)

or

I email you 23 times a day.

I wish I could find some middle ground.

Because I think I exhaust people.

Either by negligence or by expecting too much.

I wish I were normal.

That I had a circle of maybe 10 good friends

50 'when you are in town let's hang out' friends

and 100

'Let's exchange Christmas cards and wedding invite' friendships.

But what I have is about 20 'I really should work harder on this friendship' friends
(ex comps, cousins, etc)

and about 200 ' I would defriend you but I'm too nosy' friends.

And my sisters.

Who are and always will be my very best frenemies.


But I've been thinking lately about adding legit friends to my life.

My therapist recommended it.

(is it just me or is it totally awesome to say "my therapist"? I get the same thrill when I talk about "my trainer")

We'll see how this goes.

Nos ir ya,

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment