Thursday, December 19, 2013

y felicidad

Random Thursday Afternoon Update
(because I just can't concentrate on my work at this moment)

So, I thought I was doing so much better with my Christmas mania. In years past I have made lists and thought of presents that were unrealistic and unreasonable. This year I have been kind of chill. Like 'it doesn't matter what I get or anyone else gets". Then last night I talked myself into making everyone a cape. Because, my Christmas brain said, everyone NEEDS a cape.

Let's hope I can talk myself down from that one.

Work has been a series of parties and treats and craziness lately.

Well, it's fair to say that the craziness is always present. We are in mental health, after all.

But I have completely od'd on cookies, cake, cheesecake, buffalo chicken dip, pulled pork, and sherbet and juice punch.

Not to mention the chocolates.

My favorite thing was this box of cookies from my friend Dawn. That girl is a crazy good cookie chef.
I've already demanded that she make peanut butter cookies at my next birthday.


My trainer is MAKING ME come in for two sessions next week. One on Christmas Eve. I told him "That's Christmas Eve!" to which he replied "So?".

He is merciless.

I think this Duck Dynasty controversy is so interesting. It's interesting (to me) that Phil (the grandfather and beginner of the Duck Dynasty) was so specifically graphic when discussing his objection to homosexuality. I found it refreshing. I think we wrap too many things up in euphemisms in our society. "Love is love" and all that. Phil got really real.

Which leads me to my blog.

I've been getting bored with it lately.

Not of blogging.

I do think that blogging is kind of fading into obscurity but I personally will never stop blogging.

I'm too narcissistic.

But what I've been blogging about has gotten a little bit stale lately.

So, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to do more # honest blogging.

I think I will add that hash tag to posts where I am more open- just to give the reader a forewarning.

So, brace yourself for 2014- the year of my half marathon, skydiving, going back to Europe, and being a more honest blogger.

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. I had to look up the Duck Dynasty controversy (I haven't heard anything about it here). Ben loves that show! He saw it in America and when we came home he went on a sweet iced tea binge, making up a new batch nearly every day...!
    Also, hooray for more honest blogging!

    ReplyDelete