Monday, December 2, 2013

With the girl I love

                                         

 


Random Monday Night Updates

1. I think I have the flu. I feel dizzy, hot and cold, a little outside of my own body. It probably doesn't help that I've been taking myself on and off of my anxiety meds. 

2. Which I am officially off of now, thank you very much. Look for the crazy to be coming back to this blog soon!

3. I am still working on my marathon training blog. Try to hold back your excitement. 

4. I barely remember anything that happened at work today and I've only been home for an hour. 

5. I do remember using the 'F' word. Maybe this will just sound like a rationalization but my clinical supervisor told me that I need to be comfortable using bad language so my clients could feel not judged and use bad language if that's what their vernacular was. (Kind of similar to how I had to get comfortable talking about sex even though I'm not comfortable talking about sex) Up until I became a therapist I think I had said the F word once in my life. It still makes me feel weird and gross to say it. 

6. My therapist told me that I don't have friendship building skills. I'm trying to work on that. But as friendly as I may seem, I really don't trust people. 

7. I called and rescheduled all of my appointments for tomorrow. I am taking a sick day. I wonder if my clients thought it was weird that I was calling them from my office today to tell them that I would be out sick tomorrow? 

8. Just a heads up, if you ever get your autobiography published on Amazon, I will buy it. Then I will stay up all night reading it. Then talk to various people in my office about it. Beware. 

9. I told my mom that if this flu kills me I want Sugar to be buried with me like old Egyptian rulers had their families buried with them when they died. I wasn't surprised to hear my mother immediately say "Oh, I won't have a problem disposing of Sugar". 

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment