Friday, January 10, 2014

Must have been something you said

Ok,

So, here are some of my slightly bitter, rambling, but honest random thoughts:

I am so angry at myself for my hair. I felt like I had to validate what the hairdresser was saying about my hair and how it should be styled and cut instead of just saying "listen- this is what I want". When you are paying over a hundred dollars for something, you should get what you want. 
This is what it looks like down
I pulled an ab muscle working out yesterday. This has now happened twice. It's not a sharp pain (most of the time) but it's an annoying, ever present pain. The kind of pain where you are like "if this would just go away, I would be so happy and never complain about anything again". 
It's not easy maintaining these abs, baby!
I've simplified my health goals. My actual goal is to lose weight, build muscle, and feel better. My rules are much more simple as well: No eating after 8 pm, no sugar, and do some kind of exercise 6 days a week. I feel so much better now that I have a simple, workable plan.

Katy has been wearing her hair in pigtails lately. It may be the most precious thing I have ever seen. 

I've got like 10-12 kids signed up for my teen social skills group. It's going to be totally nuts. I barely had a handle on it when it was 6 kids. Wish me luck!

I do think it's a little ironic that I run two social skills group when my own therapist said that I don't have friendship building skills. 
Sometimes I go through phases where I want to watch Harry Potter or Twilight or The Hunger Games. I really, really wish that a new amazing series would be published so I could wrap myself up in it. 

I almost died like 3 times on the way to work today. It was snowing but it didn't seem that bad. Until I turned out onto the main road and completely spun in a 360. Then, on the other main road, my back wheels were fishtailing all over the place. I actually started embracing the inevitability of my demise. It was epic.

That is all.

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Lori, have you read the Divergent series? It's a three book series by Veronica Roth equal in style and intensity to Hunger Games. It's a good one to get wrapped up in. (The first movie is coming out in March).

    ReplyDelete