Monday, January 13, 2014

Time is a wheel in constant motion


A few things I don't want to forget from this past week:

The 'Stingy Velveeta Shells and Cheese Incident of 2014'. My mother is famous for her culinary adventures. Once she washed off a waffle that had syrup on it and served it to my father with powdered sugar. She's made microwave popcorn for dinner on several occasions. She used to make the nastiest alba bars and try to force people to eat them. She thinks applesauce is the perfect side dish to every meal. Well, this weekend she added another tale to the long list.

I'm not going to tell it here because it will sound lame unless you were there. But suffice it say that she is off shells and cheese duty for the foreseeable future:)

On Saturday night, Danielle and I watched The Princess Bride with her kids. (after a somewhat horrific round of 'chopped' in which the 3 ingredients were cotton candy, marshmallow fluff, and Twinkies) I love that they are old enough to appreciate this movie. James was yelling "The cliffs of insanity!" over and over the other day and now if you say "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father" they will all shriek "PREPARE TO DIE!" :)

I came into the office at 5:30 am today. I am scheduled 12:30 to 8:30, so I came in 7 hours early. The only downside is now it is 11 am, my working hours haven't even started yet and I am ready to go home:) It's going to be a long 15 hours in the office today. (my last hour is my teen social skills group...yikes!)

My nutritionist approved a 2 week liquid diet. To get me back on track and help break my carb cravings and shrink my stomach and all that crap. Wish me luck! (I am 11 hours in. I had to give my container of almonds to Michele because they were calling my name. AND some DEVIL brought brought soft pretzels to the office today!)

Katy stood during the rest hymn at church yesterday and sang "I am a child of God" and it was the most precious thing I have ever seen.

Shameless is back on. If Ian and Mickey don't end up together, I am going to freak out.

I think my sister Erin ordered me a cat condo on Amazon. It's supposed to arrive today. Look for an entire post on this thing!

Lori Ann

p.s.- The Blacklist starts again tonight!!! I have been going through such James Spader withdrawl...

No comments:

Post a Comment