Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I can't be holding on

Tonight's topics: Tattoos, red bull for minors, and the Queens of PA.

But first the pictures!!!
This is a totally photoshopped picture of me from yesterday. But I love that I can get it to look like this without too much work :)  I hardly recognize myself. (I wish my skin were really this luminous)

Wait..wait...here is an unphotoshopped picture from the same day. Sexy! :) 

And now on to the Queens...
I've recently been telling my nieces they are named after Queens (which is kind of true) and I think it's been inspiring Elly especially. She likes to tell other little girls that THEY aren't named after a Queen like she is :) 
I looked in the rear view mirror the other day and saw this little hand waving in the window, so I pointed my phone into the back seat and took this cute picture. I love the Katy Cat.

And last but not least, the tattoo. Yes- I now have two tattoos. I will never get another one. But this one has been on my bucket list forever. My 'one' tattoo.

It means a million important things to me. But for the sake of simplicity, I will say that one major inspiration was the song "one" by U2. 

The lyrics "We're one, but we're not the same- we get to carry each other, carry each other- One" are kind of the defining lyrics of my life.

So it's my U2, abnegation, YOLO, al-anon one day at a time, one way home kind of tattoo. 

It's not this bright, by the way, this pic was before it faded. Most people think it's a small scar, which is exactly what I wanted. This tattoo isn't really for any one's eyes but mine. (and this rabid blog readership, of course)

Lori Ann

p.s.- And red bull for minors..one sip isn't bad, right? Some older sisters are so picky..."Lori, you can't let my kids have energy drinks for breakfast." and "Lori, no sour patch kids for breakfast either". Picky, picky... :) 

p.p.s.- "Let's not have a repeat of the last time!" 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the tattoo!! Great song too, by an awesome band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stunning! I like the tattoo a lot. I want to see your other one. When are you coming out to Utah?

    ReplyDelete