Saturday, May 17, 2014

One


Random Saturday Morning Life Update

My seasonal affective disorder has officially kicked in. I HATE the heat. Thankfully, most days its still a nice spring like temperature. But that won't last forever. 

Last night I was googling "How to become Amish". There is such a strong part of me that wishes I didn't have to live in the world like it is. I really love the idea of leaving behind all of the distractions of the modern world and just working hard, sleeping well, and drawing closer to God in a small little PA town.

I feel like we are in a really bad place as a country at times. Like we think we know better than God. It makes me sad to see so many people wrapping themselves up in secularism and pride and their learning. Because they don't have faith. And they don't see it, but I feel like they are so lost. Because they are trying to find happiness and peace in all of that. But true happiness and peace comes from God. 

Work has been crazy lately. Good crazy some days, bad crazy others. I don't know that I have the compassion that I need for this job at times. Every day I pray for more compassion.

I've been skyping with my sister Erin. It's nice to see her face. 

I am officially addicted to House of Cards. Now that the Blacklist is over until fall, I need another older man with a lot of power to fixate on! (Kevin Spacey is no James Spader, of course..)

I have decided to just take things a day at a time with my fitness and health goals. When I make too big or too elaborate a plan, it inevitably falls apart. 

I am so looking forward to next weekend. It's going to be a 4 day weekend for me. I might go somewhere. Or just organize my life. Something. 

Our poor cat Thomas lost part of his tail this morning. It makes me so sad. He's doing ok but yikes!

I got an iphone again. I didn't really miss it but I like the convenience of having all my music, a camera, and all my contacts in one place. And directions if I get lost. But that two year contract feels like a jail sentence. 

I think the seasonal affective makes me restless and unfocused. 

Oh well.

Tomorrow will be a picture post with all the exciting life updates!!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment