Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Maui Maui

I'm experimenting with the panoramic option on my iPhone
It's the kick off of my 4 day weekend!!!

This is always my favorite part. That first morning when the time off in front of you seems like it stretches out forever. 

It goes by so fast, of course, and then you are back in the trenches. 

A few of my favorite stories from this week, not to be forgotten...

Talking to Danielle's kids (Elly and James in particular) about Mozart. I was telling them how he died in the middle of writing the Lacrimosa of his Requiem Mass. And no one knows exactly where he stopped writing. James immediately announces "Well, I think he actually finished it before he died!" and Elly says "Maybe we can be the first ones to discover where he stopped writing!" 

Danielle asking me to give her cat Willow some E because she looked sad :) 

A little preface for this one...when we were little, my dad never had sympathy when we felt sick. He would say "Go puke and you'll feel better". I always vowed that I would be different. Which was why I was slightly appalled to find myself; as I drove Katy and myself to my office, yelling into the backseat "Puke into that bag if you are going to puke because I'm not cleaning up this car". (she was saying her belly hurt) Sympathetic loving kindness- thy name is Aunt Lori. 


Elly came running into the house yesterday and she yells "Aunt Lori. You HAVE TO see something. You are going to be AMAZED!" She proceed to show me her back bend kick over on the sloping ground in front of my parents house. She is so earnest and tries so hard at everything she does. She is pure Elly magic. 


 Enjoy your weekend, people!!

Lori Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment