Saturday, May 10, 2014

What if he's obese?

It's almost Mother's Day. 

I've written a number of mother's day tributes to my mom. 

I'm not sure that's she really the tribute type.

So, I thought I'd just share my favorite memories of her from this year and thank her for being exactly the mother that she is. Strong. Beautiful. And slightly evil. :) 
 My mom bought me 130 some balloons after I walked my very first 5k. To represent every lb I had lost at that point. She and Jack Jack made like 4 trips to the (not that close) dollar store to transport them home. They then hid them in Jr's apartment and surprised me. It was MAGICAL. I still have the deflated balloons. (well the ones the kids didn't get!). I made artwork out of them and have it in my office. Seeing her there with all of those balloons will always be one of my very favorite memories. 
Only to be topped by this one. The last 1/2 mile of my half marathon. I was tired, mildly delirious, and icy cold. It had rained the ENTIRE race. I was way, way, way back. (not last, but close). I could see the Art Museum once I hit mile 12 but it just seemed to get further and further away and I thought I would never get there. Then I saw her. This little person in a poncho walking towards me. My mom has a very distinctive walk. I knew it was her.

She walked the last half mile with me. 

I will always remember that. 

My other favorite memories are things that I have been told. I've been to my mom's work a time or two over the last year. Each time someone told me that I looked JUST like my mom. 

I have never heard that in all of my adult life. 

It made me sooooooooo happy. 

Happy Mother's Day, mom. 

Thank you for everything you have ever done for me. 

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment