Sunday, September 19, 2010

Random Thoughts: The late Sunday Afternoon Edition

I haven't made any more progress in Moby Dick.

 Maybe because I keep reading it while laying across my bed.

 Inevitably, I wake up 3 hours later with my glasses on and the book still clutched in my hand. 

I plan to finish it tonight though- look for my review tomorrow!!

I also plan to finish up all of these craft projects for my fall packages and SHIP THEM OFF!!

I may or may not have eaten some candy from the fall packages.

Maybe.

 But let's say I did.

Am I really to blame?

 Or is it, in fact, the CANDY ITSELF that is to blame, calling my name from the depths of the fall package boxes?

I love social work, but there are so few social workers I like.

 I find most to be smug and self loathing.

 It's exhausting to deal with.

I don't like to do product endorsements, but I have to say that the pumpkin spice candle from Walmart totally rocks! 

My sisters have been chatting and talking about what a terrible pet owner I would be.

 Are you kidding me?

 I am the daughter of the "cat whisperer".

 I would be an excellent pet owner!
 (and yes, I HAVE killed a number of houseplants. Or should I say, they have killed themselves, due to their own lack of initiative!)

People need to update their blogs more often!

 Put down your children, responsibilities, and hobbies and entertain me, people!

What I focused on during my last training..sneakily reading and GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!
The strange lunches social workers eat when we all get together
I was tired of waiting at this light
 (which is literally like a 3 minute wait)

 until I realized I was missing the chance to see an amazing sunrise!
Lori Ann

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I had to redo this- I had too many typos!

    I think I am obsessed with you! You crack me up! I am excited to hear your Moby Dick review. I really need to read more classcis- especially since they are free on my kindle! I've been reading Fablehaven like a fiend. Have you read that series? It is a lot of fun. Plus, it is perfect for this time of year!
    Oh, you also inspired me to get some fall decor in my house! I bit the bullet and just bought some fall stuff. Halloween is Sam's favorite holiday, so he was really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Fablehaven..what genre is it? It looks like it is beautiful there! It's still TOO HOT here in North Carolina. I love love love fall decor because it makes me feel SO happy, like fall and the holidays are right around the corner!! p.s.- I was thinking of getting myself a kindle for Christmas..do you think its worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you will love Fablehaven! It's kind of like Harry Potter- not quite to the same level or depth, but close enough that I think you will enjoy it! There are 5 books and I am close to finishing book 4.
    I love my kindle! The only downside is that I order too many books- its too easy to give into my literary whims! Do you go to the library to get your books or buy them? If you buy them, then I think a Kindle is a no brainer. I would look into the Nook though (this is Barnes and Nobles version). My library in Maryland had an e-library and you could download books free from the library. They would stay on the Nook for 2 weeks and then delete. I would have gotten a Nook, but it does not have international service, and the Kindle does.
    I hope that helps! I miss holding books sometime, but the Kindle is so convenient. I think you would love it.
    I'm working on a "All things Swiss: part 2" for you!

    ReplyDelete