Wednesday, September 29, 2010

When you wish upon a star..


I know there is a God.

  I know it.


Here is how I know.

 This morning, when I woke to a cloudy, gray day, I thought to myself:

Oh man, I wish I were a stay at home mom, I would be able to relax, stay in my pjs, eat some ice cream, maybe watch some rainy day movies.

Then I trudged off to work, heaving the heavy sigh of a martyr as I went.

At work, I had crisis after crisis and could not get anything accomplished on my list.

 I couldn't sit down for 1 minute without someone calling my name, I couldn't even go to the bathroom without people hovering around, waiting for me to help them with something.

 Then the light bulb came on.

God had granted my wish.

 I was living the life of a stay at home mom.
(just without the pjs).

 Running around, putting out fires, looking sadly at my "to do" list as I ran by, and not even being able to go to the bathroom in peace.

So, today, I salute you, stay at home moms!

 I don't know how you do it.

I hope you get to spend the evening, in your pjs, eating ice cream and watching classic rainy day movies!
 (because that's what I am going to be doing!)

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! So sweet Lori! I love the comparison because you are exactly right! I believe that woman are mothers by nature. Regardless if we have birth children or not, it seems that women are always taking on the mothering role. I guess we are all gluttons for punishment! Here's how I survive: I tell my children that "I don't like kids after 8 pm". We put them to bed at 7:30, and by 8 I expect them to be fast asleep. After that, the rest of the night is mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is supposed to rain tomorrow. I will happily stay in my pjs and eat ice cream for you!

    ReplyDelete