Saturday, September 25, 2010

Yesterday

 Yesterday was one of the most important days of my life.

After 6 years of college

 2 years of clinical supervision

 and over 3000 hours counselling families and individuals

 there remained only one last task to accomplish before recieving my licensure.

 (LCSW- Licensed Clincal Social Worker)

The dreaded state exam.

170 questions.
 (covering everything from Freud to elder abuse)

I didn't tell anyone I was taking it because I was so sure I was going to fail.

I didn't fail.

I passed with flying colors!

 The testing lady said she hadn't seen a score like that in a long time.
  (Maybe she was just trying to rein me in, as I was practically hyperventilating and crying at having passed!)

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate all of the warm wishes, positive comments, and shout outs that I have received.

 I am the luckiest girl in the world, and I have some amazing friends!

So yes, in case you've been wondering, I will diagnose you all free of charge!

 Just leave your mental health issues in the comments section and I will have you committed..diagnosed ASAP!

Lori Ann, LCSW

*Thanks Mom and Dad for the flowers! I was so surprised and excited! Party at the shore in my honor!!!*

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is an amazing feeling and you deserve to gloat and brag and bask in the joy for as long as possible. I do expect the family discount. I will call you with my baggage soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I am so happy for you! I wish I had some issues for you to diagnose. I'm just too awesome.

    ReplyDelete