Friday, July 15, 2011

All was well.

I saw the last Harry Potter movie today.

I've only been a fan since August of 2008.

What I lack in time as a HP fan, I make up for in sheer fanaticism.

I read all 7 books in a week and stayed up all night watching the movies.

As I drove away from the theater today, "Time of your Life" by Green Day was playing and I started to cry.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to that August day in which I reluctantly gave in to my sister and brother in law's urging and opened the first page of the first book.

I never want the magic to end.

I have probably read over 10,000 or more books in my lifetime.

Other than scripture, no other books have impacted me like the seven books of Harry Potter. Especially Deathly Hallows- the last one. It's my very favorite book ever and I've read it at least 20 times, cover to cover.

If you haven't read the books for whatever reason, I cannot express enough that you don't know what you are missing. These books have changed my life.

And this movie is so worth seeing, if only for the Alan Rickman scenes:)

Goodbye Harry Potter.

Lori Ann

4 comments:

  1. I've started the first one a couple of times but just never got past the first one or two chapters and I haven't seen any of the movies. But I really trust your judgment on all things pop culture so I think I need to give them another shot. Maybe you should fly out here and have a HP marathon with me. It could be kind of like a mission of sorts. What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to do that!!! The first one or two books are written for a younger audience and the story is good but trust me; as you get to books 3 and 4 and 5 you will find yourself completely addicted! And the books are a million times better than the movies, but the movies are ok too:) I love Harry Potter a million times more than the Twilight books or the Hunger Games or anything else:) I guess there is only one way to end this rant....WILL YOU read the first Harry Potter book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets try this again with less typos this time..

    I completely agree with your above comment! I get excited to think about people who haven't experienced it yet discovering the PH world. I keep trying to convince Andrew that he needs to give the books another shot. He gets stuck on book 1 as well. I told him just to watch the first couple of movies and then read the subsequent books. The problem is that he has seen movie 6 so he knows what happens at the end of book 6. The was such a huge shocker for me, and I'm sad it won't be able to fully experience it.
    Anyway, I'm DYING to see the last movie! I'm waiting until we get to the US in 2 weeks so I don't have to watch the movie with German and French subtitles.

    ReplyDelete