Monday, July 25, 2011

I know your fears and you know mine, cocoa pebbles

Rolad Amundsen said "Adventure is just bad planning".

I think he may have been talking about our trip into Amish country today.

The Amish markets were closed.

We got lost a..few...times.

The kids may or may not have been chanting "We are hungry" for about 20 minutes due to lack of snack planning.

We drove a long way to see relatively little.

But it was an adventure.

The kids were given lollipops by a sweet little Amish girl.

We found the land of Roni.

We saw so many amazing old stone houses and Amish farms.

We traveled down narrow roads and over rickety bridges.

I fell in love with Pennsylvania all over again.

Today was an adventure for me because I got to take the people that I love the most to the place that I love the most.

It doesn't get much better than that.

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. Really...A magical day? Because Angry Lor was out when I called today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, Angry Lor was all over this trip. I didn't say it was magical. It was an adventure!

    ReplyDelete