Monday, October 24, 2011

I take my feet off the ground


It's fall, it's fall, it's fall!!!

Fall is the upswing part of my Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I love everything about it.

I have really strong childhood memories attached to fall.

Apple cider, trick or treating, staying up late watching the Muppets.

Sitting around the kerosene heater, raking leaves, playing outside with cold hands and red cheeks.

Magic.

Anyway,

Since this is my year of uncomfortableness, here is my agenda for the week leading up to Halloween:

1. Write a poem that expresses my love for Autumn
(I usually find poetry to be smug and self indulgent..but I am going to get uncomfortable and write a poem!)

2. Attend some kind of Halloween event.

Even if it's just a random community thing. I don't do enough stuff like that.

3. Lay in a pile of leaves

4. Make myself a magical fall meal.

That last one doesn't really count.

I just put it on the list to make sure it gets done.

Brace yourself for the uncomfortable poetry laden, pile of leaves picture, magical fall meal blog posts to come!!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment