Friday, October 7, 2011

Uncomfortable

Usually on my birthday, I post my list of goals for the year.

I am lucky if I accomplish even 2 of them.

This year I wanted something different.

I don't want to make a lot of empty resolutions that fade from my mind a day or two after I post them.

This year I am making only one resolution.

To be uncomfortable.

As a therapist I challenge my clients on a daily basis to try something new, to change old habits, to be uncomfortable.

I promise them that positive change can and will come from it and their lives will be better for it.

But I don't take my own advice for the most part.

Entonces
(the only word that comes to my mind first in Spanish..it means "therefore")

All hail the year of UNCOMFORTABLENESS.

On that note, one thing that makes me uncomfortable is putting my own picture on this blog.

 I am never happy with how I look.

 So, in tribute to my resolution to be uncomfortable, I will start appearing at least once a week in my blog pictures..starting today:)


I like this one. I look like a prison warden.

 But why the hell are my glasses always kinda bent?

Lori Ann

1 comment: