Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It went by like dusk to dawn


*be warned: this post takes a rambling stream of consciousness format*

I have a tendency to view things from a negative perspective at first.

I'm more of a glass half empty type, I guess.

However, some days it's hard not to be happy and a little optimistic.

I was watching the leaves falling in the rain from my office window today.

It was magical.

It's magical to have a job, an office, a sense of purpose.

Some days I can't believe I get paid to listen to people and help them with their problems.

I keep waiting for my boss to say

 "Ok, enough with this pretend work..get out there and rake some leaves"

I love my apartment.

It's a disaster, I don't have anywhere for things to go right now.

I keep trying to brainwash my parents into buying me home accessories from IKEA.

 But I'm happy because I have a comfortable bed and an amazing bathtub and I can wait for everything else.

I'm hosting a Festivus party.

Me.

I've never ever hosted anything.

It makes me excited for the future.

I think I'm slowly getting a handle on this 'being an adult' thing.

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. Lor,

    I know I joke alot but seriously I'm always proud of who you've become!!! I love your new place and you deserve the great job that you have. Love you!! Eri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you print out a picture of me and set it up at your Festivus party? That way I can be there in spirit. Maybe I'll even win in the Feats of Strength! It took me a bit to get over your bath tub- I'm having some seriously tub jealousy!!! Do you know that taking a bath is my FAVORITE thing to do in the world and that we currently do not have one???? Instead we have a tiny little shower- not cool! Your apartment is AMAZING though- I'm so proud of you and your new life!!! Live it up!

    ReplyDelete