Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Post # 2- The Bean


I am blogging in the middle of the night, people.

I clearly need to cut back on the caffeine.

Anyway, on to my second Mother's Day post.

This one is about the one, the only...

 Elizabeth Mae Monroe

Known to friends and associates as

: Elly, Elly bean, The Bean, Lizard, and the redheaded menace. 

Elly is the only one of my sister's kids with any street cred. 

And if Katy is all of our good qualities wrapped into one person,

Elly is all of our  fun eccentricities. 

She's bossy like her mom, confrontational like her aunt Erin, weirdly into martial arts like Uncle David, and obsessed with decorating like me. 

Elly is all Monroe in her competitive spirit.

She has to be first in everything.

 Even if it's a game of who gets their pajamas on first-

Elly will trip you and knock you back down the stairs in order to get her Disney princess nightgown on fastest. 

Elly loves to both send and receive mail, she loves to plot world domination, and more than anything, she loves things that sparkle. 

My favorite Elly memory of all time is all the times I've woken up in Jack and Danielle's living room to see Elly staring down at me.

 And then asking me if we can make scones.

At 4 am. 

I almost think it's good that I don't have any kids because; for me, it doesn't get any better than Elly.

And how much would that mess a kid up to have their mom prefer their cousin?
(although, let me pledge to you now that should I have kids, I plan to mess them up way more than that. This will be one of their many issues)

I love you, Elly!


Love,

 Aunt Lori

1 comment: