Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Post # 4- The Moses


The last Mother's Day post before I write the one to my actual mother. 

It's fitting that it should be for Danielle.
(aka the Eagle) 

I always tell her that I relentlessly seek her approval.

She tells me that I blame her for everything. 

So, yeah- there are some 'mother-daughter' elements to our relationship.

Anyway, I could write on and on about what an amazing mother Danielle is. 

She really is.

 She sacrifices, she worries, she encourages, she stays up late at night cleaning up the vomit of sick kids.

Her kids are kinda amazing and I think that's why they are hers.

Because she is kinda amazing as a mom.

And the one thing that I love the best about Danielle as a mom is that she gives me the chance to feel like a mom every once in a while.

She lets me take her kids to the park and rile them up.

 She lets me bake with them, no matter how much clean up it involves for her.

She saves the pictures they draw at school for me.

She tells me when the funny and sweet things they say about me. 

If it's the closest to being a mother that I get, it's more than enough.

My favorite Danielle memory is this one night, when we lived in this creepy, run down house in Michigan and our parents were gone for the night, we got really scared.

 Because; as I mentioned in my previous post, we watched WAY too much Unsolved Mysteries.

Anyway, I remember us feeling like there was someone or something in our bedroom and I remember Danielle having me and Eri stand behind her and she ran in and got our stuff.

 Then we said a prayer and went to someone in the ward's house for the rest of the night.

 Best. Older. Sister. Ever.

Happy Mother's Day, Danielle!!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment