Sunday, August 19, 2012

We grew up strong

Sunday Night Updates

I have to go to my mom's job to give an in service about conflict resolution tonight.

There are only two provisions.

 1. I have to pretend she's not my mom

 2. It's at 2 am

All I know is that there is going to be some healing...maybe a few tears shed, a few lives changed.

ANYWAY

I have been listening to a lot of Peter Gabriel lately.

 That's so not mainstream.

 Yep, I'm reviving my hipster ways.

Even though my sister Erin told me that "you can't be a hipster unless you are really skinny".

Whatever.

 She's just mad because she is busy listening to Justin Beiber and working for the Man.

She doesn't get us edgy, non conformist types.

So,  I've officially moved into my parents house.

 Yeah...
(Once again, picture me saying "yeah" like Snoop Dogg...yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh)

 It's so rad to go from saying "my apartment" to "my room".

Already my mom has told me I need to get on a regular sleep schedule
 (except, apparently, for her middle of the night in services)

 and my dad has been bossing me.

Ahhh...all of the joys of being 17 again.

I got a NEW JOB!!!

 It will be at Penn Foundation.

 It's about 10 miles from my parents which is GREAT because this is the area I want to live in for the rest of my life and I feel like it's a company I can stay with long term.

 I will still be doing Out Patient Therapy.

But I might be working with addicts and doing some group therapy.

YEAH! I love Group Therapy.

 My personal policy is that no one leaves until we've all cried!

I saw Halloween candy at Walmart yesterday.

 You know what this means..

Summer is almost over, for the love of all that is holy.

Blah, blah, blah...when did I get some long winded?

I will leave you with my favorite clip from a movie I am dying to see this fall...

Yes. I wish I had more opportunities to shut my enemies down with my hip hop skills.

This girl is living my dream. 

Anyway,

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment