Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Stipe's not far behind

Random Thoughts on a Tuesday Afternoon

1.  Today I smelled some chocolate chip cookies. They smelled like happiness.

2.  The only thing I can officially wear in smaller sizes so far are shoes. It will be nice getting back into my 7 1/2's, baby!

3. I am going to work out tonight. For the third time in less than a week, baby! (note to self: stop adding "baby" to the end of every sentence...baby!)

4. I have stopped reading trashy novels, people. They don't really appeal to me anymore. Mainly because I have transitioned to even more forbidden romances. Gay Amish boys. A werewolf and a vampire. Stories of rakish earls and spirited debutantes aren't thrilling enough. I wonder what the ultimate forbidden romance would be? A gay Amish werewolf and a straight, vegan Agnostic vampire?

5. One could be named Ferdinand. And the other would be Jedidiah.

6. And they could settle on respecting each other's religious views. Sometimes Ferdinand could come to church with Jedidiah..if the Amish were cool with that. But maybe Jedidiah would only tell Ferdinand he was going to hell like once a month, tops.

7. And they could have a car, but only use it on weekends or midnight taco bell runs. And they'd have a cat. And the Ferdinand would agree that the cat could have as much dairy as it wanted.  

8. And they wouldn't eat meat...unless it was a farm animal that Ferdinand took a personal disliking to.

9. Well, Ferdinand wouldn't eat it anyway, because he's a vampire.

This book is writing itself. It kind of feels like the next great American novel already, doesn't it?

Lori Ann

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes!!!! p.s.- my email is lorihinsdale@gmail.com- I demand permission to read your blog, Adkins! :)

      Delete
  2. You make me belly laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothin' weird about this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle. I knew you especially would love it. Don't worry- as my sister you will get an advance copy of the book when it is done:)

      Delete