Friday, March 5, 2010

suffocated kumquat wraps.. Part 3 of 6.


Jack Monroe.

Where do I begin?

 Jack is my first and only brother in law
 (until Erin marries one or all of the remaining single members of N'Sync)

I could write about the fun game nights where I have beaten him at Settlers of Catan, or of the family dinners where I have painstakingly prepared gourmet meals for him and my sister.

 But, this tribute isn't to me, after all:)

So, instead, I will tell you all of the very un-Hinsdale qualities that Jack has brought into our family!

1. Extreme fiscal responsibility. We Hinsdales are impulse shoppers. You couldn't get Jack to impulse purchase a snickers bar!

2. Non grudge holdingness- This style of communication was very unsettling to all of us Hinsdales. At holiday gatherings, when we all sit around and list the ways we have been wronged by everyone else, Jackie just sits there, smiling and laid back. I have attempted to remind him of when others have wronged him and encourage him to be passive aggressive and never miss an opportunity to throw it in their face..but he won't. *sigh* None of us can stay mad at him because he REFUSES to stay mad at us!

3. Literalness. There is just a little tiny bit of Dwight Shrute in Jack. I'll say "Well, I can babysit but don't enjoy your freedom so much that you take off for the coast or anything" to which he will reply "why would we go to the coast? It's too cold to swim and gas prices are way too high to drive that far if we aren't even going to swim"

4. Harry Potter. I will always be grateful to him for that. Not grateful enough to ever go to a Trekkie convention or anything (which is the path he and Danielle are headed down with all the sci fi reading..let it be known that I warned them!)

There are a million more things I could list. Jack is such a great guy.

 He is a great husband to my sister and a wonderful father to my nieces and nephews.

Thanks for marrying the beast, Jackie! Eres lo mejor cunado del mundo!!

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Danielle won't eat those twinkies. She is on a gestational diabetes diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Lor

    I think you've stormed out of more Settlers games than you've won!

    ReplyDelete