Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today, "the man" smacked me in the face..


The Harry Potter glasses I am going to make my kids wear!


So,

Trying to be a responsible adult, I made myself an eye appointment and went to see the optometrist today.


And by "optometrist", I mean "Satan's revenue collector"



I went in thinking it was going to cost me 25 dollars..how wrong I was.


25 for the co-pay, 77 for the contact lens exam (had no idea it was seperate charge or I wouldn't have gotten it), 30 for them to take a picture of my eyes, and 110 for contacts. I wanted to get new glasses, but (with my insurance) the glasses would have cost me close to 400 dollars.


So, I guess I am lucky it was only 240 something, instead of the 600 + it would have been if I had gotten glasses.

Sheesh.

I'm not too concerned though..I figure Obama will be paying for my lasik surgery soon.

So, it's all good.


3 comments:

  1. Yes, I go through the little eye exam ditty every year... it is expensive to see! Somewhere between high school and college my eye sight plummeted! My contact perspective is -6 Lori! I'm blind as a bat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can both get Lasik Lori!! How about it?? Yipee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to look like spam... but one of the blogs I read referenced zennioptical.com. I now have five pairs of glasses (for that fashionable, quirky change of appearance). All five pairs cost me less than the last time I bought one pair from the optometrist. Seriously- the ones I wear everyday were under $20 with shipping. That included lenses and frames and the lenses are nicer and thinner than the ones I spent extra for last time. It's so nice to know that I won't have to pony up most of a month's house payment if I break my glasses.

    I enjoy reading your blog. When I have time I hop here from Brandy's. Good luck with your new job! I know you'll knock their socks off!

    ReplyDelete