Monday, June 21, 2010

Took your soul out, into the night

Have you ever recommended a book to someone, only to find out later that they never read it? 

Doesn't it burn you, just a little? Especially if it is a book that you LOVE??
(I am not speaking out of bitterness related to my recommending Harry Potter to my dad AGAIN only to have it rejected by him AGAIN!)

Anyway, thanks Jess and Allison!! I read THE BOOK THIEF!!!
And you were both right..it was amazing!!

I found myself thinking in a disjointed fashion, after I had read it, due to the writing style (it took me less than 24 hours to finish it).

And so...as it was recommended to me by some smart girls, I am going to be smart and recommend it to you:

 
Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Aghhh! I am so glad that you read and loved it! There are so many amazing lines in that book- the writing was so original! I loved Death as the narrator, and all of the characters!!! Rudy, Papa, Mama, Max, the mayor's wife! I just thought it was a beautiful story- even with all of the tragedy that occurs. It is definitely a book that has stuck with me.
    Now I need you to recommend a book for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite books of all time! I was going to suggest it to you after you talked about "Night" (Is that what it was called??) but I thought maybe you didn't want another WWII book. Brilliant piece of work! He has another book I read that I loved but it's totally different called "I am the Messenger". really good.

    Have you read Fablehaven? I just read that and I really liked it. Still not up to HP snuff but one of the better series I've read. And Maze Runner, too-that's kinda like Hunger Games but I think I liked it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommends, Mindi!! I will have to read those and tell you what I think. Anything that is better than Hunger Games has my interest:)

    Jess..I am sure that you have already read it, but, if not, THE HUNGER GAMES!!! Best book I have read since Harry Potter:)

    ReplyDelete