Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm Proud to be an American

Do not be alarmed..some of these pictures don't really tie into this post. I'm taking this blog into a more avante garde, 'pictures dont match the post' type direction:)
 

Elly and Danielle (doesn't Danielle look reflectively maternal? a la "CJane? We always wonder how long it takes CJane to set up her "looking thoughtful and motherly" pictures! This is our version of one!)
 

Crazy, crazy boys! I love the look on Jack-Jack's face (the one in green)
 

Memorial day grub
 

Jack-Jack and his flag:)
Memorial Day is one of my favorite holidays.

Both of my grandfathers served in the Air Force. Grandpa Hinsdale in World War II and Grandpa Wilson in the Korean War.

Both of them made it home, thank God.

Countless men and women do not ever get to come home to America, home to their families.

This memorial day was special for me because Jack and James are getting old enough to understand the idea of what a country is and what it means to be American.

We took them to the cemetery to leave flowers on the graves of veterans. We want them to know that the privilege of having freedom, the honor of being an American, does not come for free.

To all of our servicemen (and women) past and present, and their families..
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Lori Ann

p.s.- Try not to let the excitement overwhelm you, but it looks like I've won a blogging award! Thanks, Associate Mindy!! Prepare yourself for my exciting post all about it tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Lor..this was such a cute post!! I love pictures of the kids!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete