Monday, December 13, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

So, I coordinated my first office party...a Christmas themed Potluck/Baby Shower. 

Here are the FIVE things you need to know about what went down at the 1st annual Monroeton Office Christmas Invitational Potluck and Baby Shower Event:

1. I made up an award for everyone.

 Everything from "best smelling office", to "most infectious laugh".

 My favorite one was to Fred, my 61 year old staff member.

We gave him "the hottest in the office" and I gave him a coupon for a night of hot tubbing with management

. Oh yeah.

2. We talked a lot of trash about other departments, and speculated on high level company relationships. 

3. There was some evidence shredding.

That's all I can say.

4. I finally got to tell the whole office the story about the former tenant (Scott, a non complaint diabetic alcoholic) dying in my apartment before I moved in.

 If I haven't told you that story, you are missing out. 

5. It was a magical Christmas feast the likes of which none of us may ever have again!
 (or just a tepid holiday gathering that gave us a chance to gossip and eat)

Now..on to the management retreat tomorrow.

 Oh man, I feel like Alice in Wonderland.

 What happens at these events?

 Will there be insider trading?

Can you inside trade in social work?

 How much of a bonus is going to come my way?

 what kind of company secrets will be shared?

Fear not, faithful readers.

 We will be taking this journey into the unknown together.

Expect a full report on my management retreat tomorrow! 

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Lori, You are going to get your butt fired one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear about your former tenant. I can totally picture you presenting the awards and laughing so hard that you can barely speak.

    ReplyDelete