Thursday, December 16, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday: The Snow Day Edition

Ok people!

Here are all the updates you've been clamoring for from the land of Lori

1. the management retreat: I am deeply saddened to report that it was less retreat, more extended management meeting.

 There were some funny team building games and a great lunch, but my dreams of high bonuses and company secrets were shattered. 

 
2. My holiday to-do List

I am making some progress!!

 This has been such a magical Christmas and I really think it is because I am not letting myself stress, but just doing the things I love and trying to find joy in everything.

and last, but not least...

3. Today, I learned how to make bread. 
Left: mixing ingredients and listening to Pandora, center: my favorite part, kneading the dough!, right: It turned out pretty good, I think I took it out about 5 minutes early, because the bottom was a little undercooked, but not bad for my VERY FIRST loaf ever! 
Lori Ann

5 comments:

  1. Lori, I am proud of you for the bread! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list and I love that you showed it crossed off! That just made my day! I'm also equally impressed with your bed skills- that loaf looks delicious! I've never made bread or rolls, and I'm not sure if I will ever work up the confidence to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know I'm still on the list..... :)

    I sort of pride myself in my cooking abilities. However, bread is the only thing I can't do. I've never made a loaf of bread that looks that good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever made bread using my stand mixer. I'm too chicken to try kneading it by hand. Maybe I need my own list of things to cross off. Making bread by hand would be on it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lor
    The bread look really good.
    Your sister is really jealous because she's worked long and hard to make good bread and resents how good yours looks for a first attempt.

    ReplyDelete