Sunday, December 5, 2010

If only in my dreams


I think I may have just decorated the most bizarrely awful Christmas tree of all time. 

Too many lights on the bottom, not enough on top. 

Ornaments are strangely placed and the tinsel looks like a 3 year old was in charge. 

But, sitting here in my living room, with the lights off, listening to Oh Holy Night, that all fades away.

I feel almost at peace.

 I have fancy hot chocolate, homemade Christmas cookies, a strange little tree, and Matt Damon movies (my personal holiday tradition). 

There is just one thing missing. 

Well, four things really. 

Lori Ann

4 comments:

  1. Totally diggin the tree and I love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After our little visit to Mom and Dad's this afternoon, I think they would be more than happy to send the operation chaos gang your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not Christmas magic without them! I wish we could trade places for a few days. You could sit in my apartment, drink hot chocolate, read, take bubble baths, go to bed early. I could come to your house, completely trash it, have junk food instead of dinner, and watch movies with the kids. (You know I'd only last a few days max!)

    ReplyDelete