Saturday, February 26, 2011

For everything I just couldn't do


"It’s a psychological fact that we treat ourselves the way we were treated as children."

Every once in a while, I read or hear something that shifts the way I view myself, my family, the work that I do, and even the world. 

Today was one of those days.

I don't know if any of you have ever felt like you are trapped in a certain space.

 Limited to a certain role.

I feel that way often with my family.

I had always thought it was THEM keeping me here. 

Today, I realized that; more than any other person, it's ME keeping me here. 

Amazing. 

Thanks for being my therapist, Eri. 

Lori Ann
(the Victim)

3 comments:

  1. Lor, It was a good convo tonight!! I think we found some stuff that could free all the "uncomfortable" moments! Love, Eri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This means a lot ... thank you for giving me something to reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. B Roth!!!

    Since we seem to have had similar childhoods, you might find this article interesting. Here is the link:
    http://www.lynneforrest.com/html/the_faces_of_victim.html

    It's a little long, but it changed how I view my family relationships.

    Tell me what you think if you get a chance to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete