Monday, February 7, 2011

The Post a Decade in the Making!

Exactly one decade ago today, I entered the MTC.

This is what I wrote in my journal that night.
(you have to click on it)

I had no idea what was in store for me.

 The craziest, longest, shortest, funniest, most tedious, back breaking, testimony building, painful, joyful, terrible, wonderful 18 months of my life. 

Which brings me to YET another new feature on my blog:

 THIS WEEK IN MISSION HISTORY. 

Every once in a while- between antiquing, obsessing about Glee, and plots for world domination, I will be posting passages from my mission journal. 

Because, y'all..it does not get more dramatic than this journal. 

 The mission brings out your crazy.

 And this journal is a tribute to that. 

I dedicate this post to the people of the Illinois, Chicago mission.

Thank you for converting me. 

Hermana Hinsdale

5 comments:

  1. Ah, the elusive journal that I have searched around for! Post the good, juicy stuff. That's what the people want!! Give em' the juice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited. I hope some of our stories make the cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has the coolest features ever. I never served a mission, so I will look forward to living one vicariously through you.

    And I'm still waiting for the "daily outfit" post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your blog just keeps getting better and better. I love your mission journal! My kids have been sick, so I have just been in blogger slacker mode (where I just read and never comment). Never fear my friend, I am back!!!!
    Ok, so your post about Mormon blogs with shabby chic furniture and meticulously posed family photos set up to look candid cracked me up! I have never read that C-Jane blog, but I did and I was horrified! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN MAKE A BRAND OUT OF THEMSELVES!!! Seriously, how does one get advertisers and such? I'm speechless. It all seems like too much pressure to me. I'm just happy if I can get my husband to wear a t-shirt with minimal wrinklage. Did you see this article though? It did help give me a better attitude towards the whole mommy blogging realm.

    http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/01/15/feminist_obsessed_with_mormon_blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read that article, Jess. It was interesting and cool. I read C.Jane because I am mostly secretly horrified and every once in a while she makes me laugh. You have the perfect situation to create a brand! You have three beautiful children, a fabulous marriage, and you live in an exotic location! It's time to get your blog out there:)

    I wish you would seriously blog daily. I check your blog oh..about...17 times a day to see if you have updated!!!

    It's the Valentines Episode of Glee tonight! Where are you at in the series?

    ReplyDelete