Sunday, February 6, 2011

To Elizabeth Mae, on the Occasion of her 5th Birthday


It's a day early, but since she announced to me that she is "ALREADY 5" I doubt that my niece Elly will mind her blog tribute being a little early.

I have never met anyone like Elly

. And that is after about 10 years working with dementia, schizophrenia, and every Axis 1 mental health diagnosis known to man.

No, Elly is a whole different kind of crazy.

She loves animals and bossing her siblings.

She says the funniest things but demands that we take her seriously.

 She thinks she is a princess, but is the first to jump into the mud.

She dresses half princess, half grandma.

 She believes in aliens and makes crazy wishes

 She bakes for the people she loves.

She is a miracle and I can't imagine my life without her.

Check out 69 seconds of the Elly magic for yourself! 
(aka see the video below)



Aunt Lori

1 comment: