Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I took a long hard look, at the words in that book..

the light in my office this morning. Pretty, eh?

Where do I begin, people? Where do I begin? 

The things..THE THINGS .. that have been going on here are insane..well..that's probably a bit dramatic..let's see...the things that have been going on here are slightly annoying and fairly mundane! 

Let's do this thing!

1. I had a run in with a cashier named Shamica. I remember her name because I stared at her name tag for 15 minutes during our encounter. I also know that Shamica is tired of her job and; if her manager thinks she is joking, he has another thing coming, because she will quit. He shouldn't even test her. And no, she is not going to work this weekend, she doesn't care what the schedule says. In the battle of Shamica and I, I totally backed down and took my anti freeze and life savers and walked away.
 Score Card: Lori 0 Shamica 1

2. We all know and love that I paid Weasley (my car) off last month. So, you know the devil car wants to start acting up this month. It's not truly content unless I'm pouring money into it some way. But with my dad's advice, some anti-freeze, and 35 dollars to a..questionable.. mechanic, I think I might have won this one! Oh Snap!
Score Card: Lori 1 Weasley 0

3. I am slowly progressing in my six part plan to become a hipster. I am now the proud owner of a number of indie, lesser known songs. Ever heard of "Therapy" by Declan Bennett? How about "More than This?" by Shane Mack?  Or "Don't Sweat the Technique" by Eric B and Rakim? I didn't think so. *Pausing to smugly admire my amazing non mainstreamness* I am totally 15% on my way to hipster status!
 Score Card: My playlist 1 Your playlist 0

4. I could keep going, but I usually stop reading people's list long before item number 4. If you've made it this far, bravo! 

Lolee

4 comments:

  1. I usually take it all the way to five, but that never means there is always 2,3, or 4 between 1 and 5. Number order is awfully arbitrary. I mean, sure 1 is first, but 2? 3? those shape and what they mean are not correlated and I feel no obligation to honor them.

    I like lists. Good list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to bust your hipster mojo but I HAVE heard of those songs and they are so 6 months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I miss names like Shamica!
    I also want to see pictures of Weasley. I named our car Blanch. Because she is a white minivan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Shamika offer to throw a sneaker at your head?? In support of your wish to become a hipster, I will be sending you some gauge earrings, fake ugly tattoo's and a vegan starter kit...you will also need to get some tight pants!!

    ReplyDelete