Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn


Oh my gosh. 

I feel horrible.

I have abandoned y'all for my glee fan fiction.

 So pathetic sad, I know. 

I am trying to get the "poor girls fancy" part of this blog off the ground.

 I just can't get into it. 

I want beautiful things in my life, but dang, it is so much effort. 

So, let's talk about my clients instead. 

Ok, so one of my clients got their power turned off tonight.

They have seven kids. 

I went to visit them and I brought them pizza (since their oven didn't work) and I tried to keep their kids minds off the fact that they would be sleeping in a dark and cold house. 

It was so hard for me to drive away and leave those babies.

 I was crying in my car. 

I felt like I was leaving my James in a dark and cold house.

Social work is not for the faint of heart. 

Lori Ann

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Lori. I could not do what you do. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so, so sad. I can't imagine what you have to deal with on a daily basis with your job. I am sure that you are amazing at your job and I hope that the rewarding moments outnumber the super tough ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just never really understand why this ever has to happen. Dammit, I'm suggest a communist. Now I have to go turn off some lights cuz I feel really truly guilty for wasting electricity when there is a family of seven with none.

    Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments, everyone:) I'm really only supposed to be providing them with family and individual therapy, but I get sucked into the needs that these families have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sniff, sniff!!!

    What a sweet thing to do!! I really shouldn't be at all surprised considering you did that for me and Steve at BYU and we had a nice apartment and didn't have our electricity shut off!

    ReplyDelete