Monday, April 29, 2013

She smiled at me on the subway


To my dear and sweet niece Katherine (also know as Katy, Kat Rat, Ratty, Katy Kat, deal breaker, etc)

Another year has gone by.

Spring is here again and you are 5.

Most days it feels like I just blinked and years have gone by.

There are a lot of things I could say today. So many stories to tell.

From our secret passage walks to evil teddy bears to our youngest child power struggles.

When (or maybe if) you read this years from now, I hope you'll know those stories by heart.

So instead, I will just tell you what I should say every time I see you.

You are beautiful, Katy.

You are so kind.

You never forget anyone.

I am so proud of you.

In the words of Marilla Cuthbert:

"He knew we needed her."

God knew that we needed you, Katy-girl.

Love Always,

Aunt Lori



No comments:

Post a Comment