Monday, July 22, 2013

Girls just want to have fun

There are alot of things that I need to update you people on. Ehh..not really. Life is swimmingly monotonous. But there are a few crazy things happening out here..like...

1.A sleepover with my nieces! We ate at a semi shady Subway. Then went to see Turbo in a weird theatre with a piano that plays itself. Then we went to Ritas. Every great Girls Night Out should end with Ritas! It was so much fun. We sat at this picnic table and ate our mango and rootbeer water ice and watched the fire flies while we talked about our next Girls Night Out. (it's going to be bowling!)

2. If you are wondering why I keep writing "girls night out" in all caps is because it was a BIG deal to Elly and Katy. They are new to the concept and kept asking me questions about it all night. "Are we having a girls night out, Aunt Lori?" "What happens if you bring a boy to a girls night out?" "Are girls nights out always crazy, Aunt Lori?". I love teaching the kids new things. American history. New recipes. And yes, the secrets to a great Girls Night Out.
These ladies know how to party!
3. Lastly, I met up with Danielle at the gym today. It reminded me of the old days, when we used to run together in high school. And by run, I mean I would jog slower than most people walk and Danielle would run backwards in front of me, yelling "You can do it, Lori!". Yeah, the gym was like that today. We were on treadmills and just walking 2 miles. Danielle's was on a crazy incline and; even with a several minute bathroom break, she still completed her miles well ahead of me.

We are both preparing for a 5K on October 5th. It's a color run! I've got to shave 6 minutes off each mile to finish in 45 minutes. (My personal goal)

Wow..this has been a painfully wordy and long update on really not that much. My apologies.

I'll be back to classic TSC form tomorrow.

 Or maybe late tonight- I am thinking about going to see The Conjuring at 10:50 pm.
On a work night, baby!

Brace yourselves for a crying, freaked out post at 1 am!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment