Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I can be your hero, baby


People in Europe are celebrating my birthday today! So, that's pretty sweet. Anyway..

I have been feeling mildly restless lately.

Like I want things to change in my life.

I have come to realize that this restlessness is part of my personality.

I mean, I have a great job, amazing family support, a comfortable life, and I am making progress in a lot of my goals.

But I'm not really happy.

I think the secret to happiness for me is constant change.

Whether it's a new place to live, a new job, a new hobby, a new experience, something different.

I've lived in 8 states, moved upwards of 20 to 30 times, and had at least 15 different jobs in my life.

Something about just treading water, doing the same things in the same places, makes me feel edgy.

I've been thinking that it's time for me to live a more adventurous life as well. 

The quote that kind of speaks to me right now is this:

“Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.” David Copperfield

Who knows...maybe it's just my I hate summer seasonal affective disorder.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment