Sunday, August 22, 2010

And the sky is gray

I got out my pumpkin salt and pepper shakers today.

I don't care what the calender says, I am celebrating fall starting NOW.

I went back to the laundromat that I loved. I know, I know.. I have got to be fair to the other laundromats, but I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the "we have hot water" laundromat just yet.

I am going to a training for work tomorrow.
Some people go to Europe, others some far flung state.

 I will be traveling 40 miles to Winston Salem.

The short distance hasn't stopped me from contemplating a hotel room for the two day training!

My upstairs neighbors are fighting again.

 I don't know who I am siding with this time, because he gave up his entire *@!&$# family for her, and he doesn't ever #%#&*$ listen to her.

They both make a pretty good case.

In the next couple of weeks, I should be taking my LCSW state exam.

 It's times like this that I wish I were Catholic, because I am so nervous that I wish I had rosary beads to count...that's what you do with rosary beads, right?

Count them?

I am incapable of making a decent grilled cheese.

 Which is extra sad because they are my most favorite of all grilled sandwiches.

I'm baking brownies for my coworkers right now.

 Even though they told me that as the therapist I am "half clinician, half client".
Gosh, just because I keep trying to get them to have a staff slumber party, they act like I'm 14 or something;)

I miss my James.

As soon as he hits 10 or 11, he and I are hitting the road.

We are going to see the world together.

Lori Ann



1 comment:

  1. Get a hotel room- and room service! I've really only done that once. It was when Andrew had some training in Chicago and I was pregnant with Afton. I had just discovered Twilight and I spent the entire weekend ordering room service reading books 1-3. It was heaven.
    I used to always burn my grilled cheese, but then I saw a cooking show where they suggested spreading butter on the pan, not then bread. Then you cook it longer over LOW heat. I've never burnt my grilled cheese sandwiches since!

    ReplyDelete