Sunday, August 29, 2010

Take a long last look


I am inspired by other people's blogs. 

Very inspired.

From recipes for homemade tomato soup, to relay marathons, to homemade wreaths.

I don't know about the rest of you, but one thing that has inspired me is

NieNie's back to school feasts.

I love how she celebrates life.

I don't have any little ones to send back to school, but I decided to celebrate what is important to me...y'all know it..I am celebrating..

the END OF SUMMER, hallelujah!!
Red grapes. I am addicted!  I bought 10 dollars worth the last time I went shopping.
The infamous pumpkin salt and pepper shakers
A little "bubbly" in the words of Nie Nie

She always lists what she served, and it always sounds so amazing..like "herb roasted salmon and fresh string beans".

 I will list what I served..get ready for some competition, Nie!

Lori's Celebration Dinner included the following:

Fresh walmart frozen chicken, baked

Great value brand corn, from the can, microwaved for 2 minutes

This weird potato casserole I made, with chopped potatoes, cream of mushroom, sour cream, and great value brand mild Cheddar cheese

cucumbers and more of that Cheddar cheese

snack pack chocolate pudding for dessert

Lori An n

4 comments:

  1. Lor..your dinner looked really good! I'm so proud of you for starting to ccok. You should try freezing your grapes. I know it sounds weird but they actually taste really good!! and make a great snack. It's my goal this week to post pictures of my apartment with Buster and Pumpkin inculded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made Funeral Potatos for your end of summer celebration feast? You rock, my friend. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a feast fit for a king-or a queen in this case! I love your new title, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't make a crown? Surely you did!! I want to see how festive it was!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete