Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It sounds so good to me


I don't talk enough about my career on this blog.

Dang HIPPA and all its confidentiality rules!

I have been the therapist here at Day Treatment for 5 months.

I still feel like I am swimming along, about to go under.

You would think I would feel prepared..I spent six years in college, and have worked in mental health going on 4 years.

It's just that
being someones therapist

is different from anything I've experienced.

I feel like I have the power to really mess up some of these kids, and I don't like that feeling.

Also, I thought what to say would come easier to me. You can only say

"how do you feel about that?"

so many times.

I think my biggest issue is that I am not an exceptionally insightful person.

I don't automatically think "they are saying one thing, but mean another".

Blah..blah..blah...

Sometimes these posts bore even me.

I need some excitement in my life.

 It's time to work on another life goal!

Should I take the midnight train to Georgia

or try and sleep in a field of blue bonnets?

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment