Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Here I go again..


Well, its happened again.

I can't say that I am surprised. 

I'm getting another intern, people!!

This girl doesn't know it, but she is LUCKY.

She should have had MY internships. 

I had to intern in a psycho-social rehab with an insane field supervisor named Eleanor
 (at least that was her English name)

I couldn't pronounce her Polish name.

 That's right, she was Polish. 

The whole goal of my internship was to avoid her

It wasn't hard most of the time..she spent every afternoon on the phone yelling at someone in Polish. 

It's my personal belief that she was calling Poland itself.

On the company phone.

When I did interact with her, it was bad

It didn't help that the entire time I was interning there, I happened to be obsessed with Brokeback Mountain.

She told me that I needed to stop talking about that #@%* movie.

She made me start a baking club.

 With schizophrenics. 

Have any of you baked with schizophrenics?? 

Nothing like dying rice krispy treats green in an overheated third floor kitchen in the middle of Norristown, Pennsylvania.

With schizophrenics!!!

So, if I nap in my office..3, maybe 4 hours per day, while she runs my

 therapy slash arts and crafts empire,

 she should not hesitate to consider herself the luckiest intern this side of the Mason Dixon:) 

Lori Ann

p.s.- In the interest of full disclosure, I should admit that I may have brought bad interning luck upon myself. In my office (aka "the game room") at the above described internship there was a ouija board ( I have NO idea why) and I may or may not have used it to try and find out what I was getting for my birthday. So yeah, God may have been punishing me with a crappy internship. 

2 comments:

  1. You are officially the favorite person. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I don't think that I got your email to invite you to our blog. ...Only if you want to be invited though!
    I LOVE reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete